Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2022

A Finish and a Roll

Our lunch day was delayed by a week, so my friend and I did not get together until yesterday.  She was very pleased to receive this pillow, pin cushion or whatever it may be.  

As you can see, I used a check material for the back, stuffed it with lizard litter (crushed walnut shells) and am pleased with how it finished.  



The other night I was going into my cave to close the window when I saw this.  They are not to be there.  I don't know why this is so comfortable (yes, I do).  When I am in there working, they are with me.  It is a nice space.  I just wish they'd sleep on the plant stand like usual.


I did my third roll of the quilt on the frame.  It took me 19 hours to get across this last time.  This section will be quicker as I will be finishing up the chain blocks and some stitch-in-the-ditch across the top of the applique blocks.  Then I will roll again.  Do you see one of my supervisors in the picture below? 


(Look to the right, just below the quilt.  The tip of Gibbs' tail is showing.  He is sitting on the floor.)

Have a wonderful week.  Enjoy your threads.  My slow stitching today will be working on the quilt.  I will be linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt and cushion. What a lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your supervisors love your quilts. What a nice gift for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the supervisors. I had one that kept sleeping on my quilt in the frame. Your quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete