Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Snowflakes

Inside and outside.

Here is where I was with my Snowflake Runner by Piecing the Past Quilts before the NCAA Women began their playoffs today.  All 72 of the little leaves are now in place.  Tomorrow I will trace, cut and shape the 18 bigger leaves that go on the end of the spikes.  Then all that will be left is the 18 diamond shapes. 

I will then have a flimsy.  

The runner and I have been talking as it has been stitched and I think that I have an idea on how it will be quilted.  It should not remain a flimsy very long.  


I would take another picture of the leaves finished except that this has been a very dark day.  We began with snow and ice.  It then warmed up and it has been raining all day (which began as sleet).  Now we are back to snow.  There has not been a lot of snow accumulation and the melt or water is running off the hills behind us.  It travels across the backyard and between our neighbor's house and ours and off to the road.  Thankfully (knock on wood) our cellar has stayed dry. 

Maybe tomorrow this will be a flimsy.  Shall let you know.  Enjoy your threads and may your weather be good.

Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.
 

5 comments:

  1. These snowflakes are beautiful! I look forward to seeing the quilting designs you select, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress, the snowflakes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been enjoying the women's basketball games, too! Your appliqued designs are lovely. It's going to be a beautiful runner!

    ReplyDelete