Pages

Friday, October 25, 2019

Gift from Mother Nature

The Katsura tree in our front yard has lost all its leaves.  I was very surprised to see this.


I think that it is a paper wasp nest.  When the snow comes, I will cut the branch it is attached to and put it in the woods.  I don't want to take a chance now that there might still be active inhabitants.  We have had them start their nests on the house, under the roof edge.  Those we have knocked down with a spray of water from the garden hose.  This is at least 12 inches long.  Never knew it was there and I have worked in the garden under this all summer.  I guess I should look up more often :).


I am almost half way done with the rows on my Grandmother's Flower Garden.   One more row of white and colored flowers and then I begin the second side.  When that is done, I will then sew the two sides together.  I am enjoying the slow stitching with this.  I machine sew a hexie block between the flowers and then hand sew, with a running stitch, the rows together.  If you look at the bottom right, you can see where I still have two flowers to attach to the row.


 Have a wonderful day with your threads, however they are being used.

1 comment:

  1. No, you’d want to be sure the wasps are slumbering before you move the nest!

    ReplyDelete