Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Traveling Socks


Good afternoon.  Today we woke up to 30F at 6am.  We are now up to 60F and it is sunny.  I am happy and my poppies are happy.  This is a picture of them from last Saturday when we had snow.  Thankfully it was not the 2 inches that they were talking about.  That snow lasted until the afternoon.  


My traveling socks have been finished.  Here is how I make my Depression Heel or Peasant Heel.  As I remove the waste yarn I pick up the stitches with my needles.  I like using five needles; four to hold the stitches and one as the working needle.


When I have done the decrease stitches for the heel, I place the stitches on two needles.  From these two needles I do the cast off or stitch off using the Kirchner stitch.  


After all the stitches are worked off and the ends woven in, I have a pair of Traveling Socks.  They began as a travel project and now they will walk with me where ever I go.


That was weird.  The only place that they will go is to the grocery store and back.  May this find you all happy, healthy and warm.

1 comment: