Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Poppies and Twins. Again

9 May 2020 we had snow.  These were my poppies at that time.  The snow only lasted until the afternoon.  Jump forward to today after having two weeks of cool sweatshirt, jacket weather.  
 





We are 86 F and sunny.  Such a fast change but that is how we have our spring in the Berkshires.  My poppies in the front of the house are all in bud and opening one or two at a time.  This is the largest amount of poppies that I have had in this garden.


I just love poppies.  I wish that I was able to get the big old fashion poppy that my mother used to have.  A friend gave me some poppy babies last year.  They are in the raised beds out back and have some buds.  Can't wait to see what type they are.


I was looking for something small to work on the other day.  (I need to finish one joining row of my Flower Garden.  Just haven't done it.)   I have had this kit from Connecting Threads for a bit.  A very easy piecing and enough material to make two runners.  So, I made the two and will give one away. 


I hand stitch the pumpkin vines.  The stalk is an iron on applique.  I will then machine buttonhole stitch around the stalk.  Then sandwich, machine quilt and bind.  Soon another completion.  


I am pleased to say that I just used the new Blogger format.  My last entry was started with this but I changed to the old format.  It made more sense this time.  Also, now have a new computer and am using Windows 10.  It was real easy to crop my photos.  But, I still need to figure out how to align them.  The first one is a bit off.

May you all have a wonderful day, wherever you are.







1 comment: