Pages

Monday, July 20, 2020

Center Done!

15 July 2020, I finished the center of my Grandmother's Flower Garden.  It should have been done sooner but .......  Now it is done!  It measures 82 inches by 85 inches.  I laid it out on the bed to see what it looked like and I am so excited.  It goes from the top edge to the bottom  edge of the mattress.  It over hangs each side by two flowers.  You can see one side in the picture below.


The closer picture shows the various colors used.  They were placed in a set color pattern as I couldn't figure out how to make them scattered and look good.  It worked and I am so happy.

This is a hybrid quilt: the flower petals (colored and white) were sewn together by machine and all the centers (yellow and blue) were done by hand.  Then all the rows were done by hand.  Lots of slow stitching. 


I now have to decided on how I am going to do the border.  So far I have used solid colors with a bit of texture to it for the flowers.  I am thinking of using a light color that matches one of the flowers but in a 1930's small print.  But, do I attache white hexies to the flowers before I get to the borders or do I just start with the borders.  Decisions, decisions.  At least these are the fun ones to make.

Next week I am meeting with Kathy and Betty, my quilting buds, and will look for their input.  

May you all have a happy, healthy week.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, looks fantastic, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower garden - forever in bloom !!! A very happy visual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I am looking forward to the next step.

    ReplyDelete