Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2022

Supervisors


There has been some progress on my handwork.  They have only been worked on in the evenings as I have been working in my gardens.  (I should have been out there in April to start the garden clean-up, but it was so cold.  I let the weeds get ahead of me.)  Today I was working on my raspberry beds.  The deer found them last year for the first time after gardening here in 28 years.  When I found out, the deer fencing went up.  They also did in my vegetable beds last year.  New fence for those beds won't be here until Monday.  So far, so good with what is in the ground now.

Now to the handwork. 

I placed these on the floor by the deck door and the sun was truly shinning.  The strawberries are a little over half done.  I have a few more big leaves and then the strawberry caps to put on.  One strawberry was missed but will be added when the caps are placed.

This is almost done.  There are five sunflowers to put on and across the top border to be finished. This has been an enjoyable piece.


Now, what I have been spending a bit of time on is a UFO.  This is the 2016 Craftsy BOM by Lynette Jensen.  The flimsy was made on schedule.  It was even sandwiched, and the center machine quilted.  I put it aside as I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do next (and there must have been a squirrel in there also).  Self, I said, it has to get out of my way and onto a bed.  So, self agreed.  The quilt was draped over furniture for a week for the wrinkles to relax (and they did).  

The house has been mine alone since Wednesday.  What a better time to get this thing going.  Red (my sit down) was moved into the dining room so the quilt could spread out over the table.  Good progress has been made.

I was just in there working, knotting off some thread ends.  I looked up and noticed that I had a supervisor, Ziva.  She is laying on a corner of the quilt.  I was able to work on the next block without moving her part of the quilt and the noise didn't chase her away.


The next block was finished and when I looked up, I had two supervisors.  Gibbs had moved in. The machine noise was not bothering them.  If I continued on to the next section, I would have had to move the quilt.  They must have known that it was time for me to stop, time for my supper.  My machine work is done until tomorrow.


When the kitchen is picked up, I will begin this evening's handwork.  Tomorrow I will link up with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  May your upcoming week be filled with threads, or garden dirt.  Enjoy.

 

7 comments:

  1. Good to make progress on a ufo. Under supervision, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't take long for weeds to get on top of you. Your strawberry block is pretty. The quilt you are quilting is lovely. I smiled at your supervisors; both are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! The progress on this UFO must feel so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those survivors are really keeping an eye on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, not survivors, supervisors. Spell check thinks it knows better than me, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that you are working on that pretty UFO. You have some very smart and comfy supervisors. Your cross stitch is looking so pretty. I really like that strawberry block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete