Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Maine

We have just returned from a trip to Maine to visit my sister and two of our daughters.  I did bring three things to work on while we were there.

This is count work from Blessings Abound by Waxing Moon Designs.  This is Count Thy Blessings, and I am not sure if it will be an embroidery framed and, on the wall, or incorporated into something else.  It was not stitched on in Maine. 

This also came to Maine.  Block 9; Lucky Strawberries from A Bountiful Life (The Civil War Bride quilt).  It is all wrinkled as I just took it out of its bag.  It was not stitched on in Maine.

Here is what I worked on during the car ride.  Two dishcloths were completed, and this is the third a little over half done.


What did I work, on other than visiting and a trip to Beans?  Our youngest's gardens.  

First, around the big rock where herbs and such are planted.  

Second, I brought her some peonies from our garden, which came from my parents' garden, which came from Grams' garden (my Dads' Mom) and Grannies' garden on the farm (my Moms' Mom).  Family lore has it that one of the three colors; white, pink or red (I think the red) came from Ireland.  These were planted by her stone wall.  (I only had one tick visit me!!)  This is their third summer in their home.  The house was built in the late 1790s and they have done ALOT of work on the yard.  The electric company came by last year and took down very old and not safe trees that were under the electric line.  It has opened the yard to sunshine, wonderful.  The peonies were planted on the road side of the rock wall and lilacs will be planted on the yard side of the wall.  The wall is about 10 feet from the road.  Slowly it will expand up and down the wall.  More peonies will be brought up next year or late this year.

This morning, at my home, it is 52 degrees outside and the mist is burning off.  I need to get to my gardens.  Later today I will do slow stitching.  I am so looking forward to that.

Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Enjoy your day.


 

6 comments:

  1. I love that applique block... maybe it will see some stitches after gardening! Happy Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly will! But not until this evening, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually take more projects with me than I get to work on! The projects will wait. The peonies are going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty projects that you took along to work on. I hope you had a very lovely visit. I bet your sister's home is so pretty and quaint. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually only get to the yarn projects when I travel also. I find it easier to do in a car. Sounds like you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fajnie dostać taka słodką niespodziankę tak fajnie zapakowaną. Jest doskonała alternatywa
    កីឡាបាល់ទាត់

    ReplyDelete