Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Heartfelt


Getting back in action.  

My husband was nice enough to share his nasty viral cough and respiratory symptoms with me.  I had sent him to our PCP for evaluation when he had been coughing for five days.  All testing was negative.   That meant that it was viral, and time would heal all.  It did and it has.  We both still have a bit of cough, but my energy has started to come back.  

I finished three different blocks for my Heartfelt Quilt over last week.  Last night I cut out squares to get Block #24 ready to stitch together today.  If you look closely, you can see that the red has a directional print.  Last night I could not figure out which way to cut the half squares.  Today I cut them oh so carefully and one at a time.  I wanted the pattern direction to all go in the same direction.

First picture is the blocks before I trimmed them down.  I only made one direction mistake when cutting.


Here they are all trimmed and in proper position.  I carefully carried this to the machine.  Sewing was done with a lot of paying attention to the pattern and rows.


I am pleased to say that Jack did not have any work to do in piecing this block.


I am sharing what is known as a 'Kitty Smear' in our house.  Gibbs is on the left and Ziva is on the right.  They are truly bonded cats.  They were not excited with my sewing, and this is where I found them when I was done.


Have a great day with your threads.  I have another block, two of the same, to make today.  Will need to find some hand work for later when Basketball is on this afternoon.

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

 

3 comments:

  1. Great block. Glad you are recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, your viral cough sounds nasty, hope you both will be clear of it soon. Dont your two cats look so happy cuddled up together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously your are an NCIS fan. Love the kitty names and the way they sleep together. I like the block that you made.

    ReplyDelete