Pages

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Not much

We have been gone for almost two weeks so not much to share.  My husband and I with, our youngest and her husband, went to Ireland on a tour.  It was a wonderful time.  Such a beautiful country.  Like many people in the United States, I have ancestors from Ireland (both of my parents' lineage).  We traveled the southern area; my ancestors were from the central areas.  

Some handwork did get done.  Row eight on my tatted doiley was completed.

Applique was also worked on.  The last two leaves at the end of the branches were stitched.  Berries were also begun.  In my travels, four of the middle size were lost.  I wonder what the person thought who found them.  More will be made today, stitched on and then the six littlest will be stitched on.  The littlest I did not lose.  The berry pieces will then be done.

The vase and apples are next.  With the pieces being bigger it should move faster. 


Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Enjoy your threads.



 

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, tatting is one of those crafts that I rarely see done any more. So delicate and pretty. Your applique is also pretty -- what pattern design are you working on or is this you own design?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The applique is Block #6 of A Bountiful Life. The tatting is Renata Niemczyk/Renulek's pattern for her 2018 Doiley which was a tat-a-long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your gorgeous tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for making progress on your doily and appliqué, in spite of being on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doily and applique are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have Irish ancestry. Hubby and I were planning a trip right when the pandemic hit. Maybe someday. Your tatting is so pretty.....so is your applique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tatting is beautiful. Here in New Zealand most of the European settlers have English, Scotish, Irish or Welsh blood, quite often a mixture. I had both an English and Scots grandfather. We were lucky to visit Ireland for 2 weeks on our UK trip some years ago, such a beautiful country indeed.

    ReplyDelete