Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Something was done.

Some work has been accomplished this week.  I have been cleaning up the plant beds, but we had three frosts this week. No planting.  Tomatoes are either in the garage or outside under the holly bushes.

I did get my HST set out to sew up into the second border for Heartfelt.  Also decided on the material for the third border.  When you change your mind on the sashing and first border, it changes the plans for the third.  The last border is unchanged.  Shall get this to the flimsy stage this week.

I did get the ten napkins hemmed as our youngest asked.  Shall get them mailed off and it is up to her to wash and iron.  If they fall apart, she can have me redo.  I usually wash first to make sure they stay together.

Row 9 has been completed on my 2018 Doiley by Renulek.  I have three rows to do and then it will be done. 

You can see that the rings were not attached to each other.  That will happen in the next row.  Lots of rings to be made. That will be my slow hand work today, to get that begun.

Yesterday was rain and it is grey and drippy now.  Maybe I can get outside for the afternoon.  I have a 4x8 raised bed that I am totally redoing.  Pink lily of the valley has become invasive, so I need to totally dig out the bed.  A few peonies are left there, and they will be moved.  Then sunflowers will be planted there for this year.  

Enjoy your threads.  Linking up to Kathy's Quilts, Slow Sunday Stitching.

 

4 comments:

  1. Love that strawberry print! I have some of that in my stash, too. It looks perfect for the napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the little butterflies in your doily. It’s looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing your progress on your tatting. Love that print for the napkins. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tatting is beautiful. I like those napkins. Our neighbor has planted lily of the valley along the fence line and it is starting to invade our flower beds. It is really frustrating.

    ReplyDelete