Pages

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Dirty Dozen

Mary Etherington at Country Threads Chicken Scratch has a Dirty Dozen gathering that begins in July and runs for 12 months (projects that need to be finished).  I have watched what fellow Blog followers do and found it interesting.  They complete things.  I decided to join this year and made up my list.  I don't have 12 quilts to finish but I do have knitting and embroidery that also needs to cross the finish line.  I added them to my list.  Today the Dirty Dozen begins, and she called number 7.  OH NO!!!

Back about 1999, I saw this blanket in the Family Circle Easy Knitting magazine.  I sent for the kit and then my sister in Texas sent me a kit for my Birthday.  So, two kits, two blankets.  

All the blocks and the borders have been knitted.  I just never put it together.  It has stayed in this box and basket: just waiting.  I added it to my list thinking its number would come up in the future.  That future was today!  It is on my list as number 7!!  The fiber world is telling me something.  

So, this week I will block blocks, hopefully all of them.  I only have maybe six blocks blocked of about 30 blocks for the two blankets.  

More information in a week.

There is some slow stitching for the evenings.  This is the scissor fob that goes with my sheep bag.  Two of these will be stitched, finished and NOT added to the list.

Here is the pincushion that goes with the set.  A hoop was used for this.  Usually, I use a frame as I don't like to move the hoop and see the hoop marks.  Crazy, I know.  It also will not be added to the list.

You all have a wonderful week.  Thank you for the visit.  Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

 

8 comments:

  1. The afghan is going to be so pretty! I'm glad #7 came up so this beauty will be finished. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like those sheep blankets will feel good to finish! Good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good way of getting things finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sheep stitchery is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really fun afghan - it shouldn't be tooo baa d

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, the knitted blanket, or have you done two, is so nice. I'll be waiting with baited breath to see this project finished! Of course you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those knitted blankets look wonderful. What a great project. I love the list idea too! I might play along too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the name – Dirty Dozen! How fun to work through our UFO’s! Oh wow! How wonderful that such a beautiful project(s) will be finished! Beautiful cross stitching!

    ReplyDelete