Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2024

Squirrel, again

I only had ten blocks left to make on my little potato chip blocks.  I set up all ten and then finished them over two days.  (Everything else in the land of threads stopped to get them done.)  Here are eight of them waiting for me.  


Now all 64 blocks are done, the sashing color has been picked.  The little chips need to be sewn into larger chips, blocks of four, and then the sashing made and added.  (Had a video call with the youngest and showed her possible colors.  She liked the darker sashing colors.  Husband is color blind and was no help.  Friend came for lunch last week and we had a bit of a discussion.  We agree.  It will be the lighter color for sashing.  Here's hoping it works.  Need to look local first, maybe send for material.)  

Monday the mail came like it is supposed to.  But a squirrel was found in the mailbox!!  Delivery from Piecing the Past Quilts Tablerunner Club.  The July runner came in the mail and WOW.  Wow in that I really wanted to start it ASAP and wow in that it is almost together.  

Usually, I do needle turn applique but somehow a new to me product just jumped into my shopping cart a bit back.  Hand-Applique Paper by Masako Wakayama.  I tried it.  I had a longer bit ago bought the Apliquick tools and paper.  Only the tools had been used and I really like them.  

This picture shows the feather on the left ready to stitch.  The feather on the right has the paper ironed on, one side turned.  The blue that you see is Sewline Fabric Glue that holds the material nicely in place.  I have now added a new tool to my applique.  I am so excited.


The runner center is now stitched, (except for the Eagle's eye) and you can see the lay out for the sides.  Would you believe that I always need to be reminded to read directions carefully.  I mucked up on taking a piece out of the blue so the sides can't be done properly.  Waiting for replacement material to come in and then I will stitch the stars on each side.  This is the fastest I think that I have ever finished a stitch.  


Block seven from my A Bountiful Life Quilt has been started.  The leaves have used the paper technique, the little stems were made over a template.  Next will be the branch which I will do needle turn.  Nice to add different techniques in the same block.


Have a grand day with your threads.  

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

2 comments:

  1. You’re making good progress. Yes, there are some helpful notions out there. I was recently given basting glue, which should be handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the projects you are working on. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete