Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Closer



The Snowflake Tablerunner from Piecing the Past Quilts is done.  Here is the backside of the hand quilting of the snowflake and the machine quilting of the edges.  All the quilting is a spacing of four inches at the farthest distance.  A front picture should have been done but, here it is.  Done.

This week was another busy week for me, and not enough time was spent hand quilting.  There is only about two hours left but a picture needed to be taken to show you what is left.  

My stitching space was just not deep enough to stitch to the final edge of the border.  The last turn of the bars was done, and the final edge is getting finished.  It should be off the frame tomorrow.  Next, I need to plan how to draw, stitch and cut a scalloped edge.  Rulers I do have and will need to look at the video to refresh my mind (and give me courage).

Potato Chip came back from the long-armer this week.  The pattern is just wonderful.  The edges need to be trimmed and then this will have a facing stitched on the back.  A binding will not be stitched on this.  This will be the first time that I will have done a facing.
 

Here is the quilting on the backside.



I am so pleased to have two quilts closer to more hand stitching and a finish.  

May you enjoy your threads.

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.




 

3 comments:

  1. I love that quilted snowflake. Your hand quilting looks wonderful. I love that potato chip quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting, and I love potato chip quilts!

    ReplyDelete