Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2024

One done and an almost.

Assistance was offered as I was stitching the facing on my potato chip quilt last weekend.  Ziva was making sure that it did not float away from me.  She did not like it when I turned a corner.  Her sleep was being interfered with as the quilt was readjusted.
The quilt facing stitching was finished on Wednesday.  I am so enjoying how it looks.
 
You can see that there is no binding on the edge.  The edge of the chip bits is the end of the quilt.  
Here is the back side with the facing hand stitched down.  Potato chip quilt number one is done.  Now to get back to work on potato chip number two. 
But 3030 is calling to me.  Here she is on the floor before the edges were trimmed.
Edges trimmed to six and a half inches.
Scallops were marked on all four edges.  
 
This is the first time that I have done a scalloped edge and using the Quilt in a Day: Scallop, Vines & Waves Template made it really easy.  Tomorrow I will machine stitch on the scallop markings and then I can cut it.  But I won't cut until I can remember where I put my binding material.  (One of the bad side effects of taking so long to finish.)

With the frame down some cleaning has been done in my Cave.  It desperately needed it.  

Slow Stitching will happen tomorrow when New England plays at 4pm.  A Christmas stocking has been started.  Pictures need to be taken to be able to show you.

Enjoy your threads.

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.






 

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen a quilt that doesn't have binding. How did you do that? I am also impressed with your method of making the scalloped edge for your quilt. I imagine binding it will be somewhat challenging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbwDW0XqSEI

      This is a you tube link that shows you how to make a quilt facing. I watched several and hers is the one that I liked the best. I can see using it again in the future.

      Delete
  2. The potato chip quilt is fabulous! The other one will be equally so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The potato chip quilt is lovely, and so is the other quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done scalloped corners, I originally thought you were going to scallop all the edges. This is a lovely quilt, looking forward to seeing it completed, as soon as you find that carefully tucked away binding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scallops go all the way around the quilt. I only showed the corner as that was, to me, the interesting part.

    ReplyDelete