Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2026

Two Squirrels

First Squirrel.  This is the front window where the bird feeders are in the winter.  (It is known as Kitty TV.)  A squirrel planted this for me.  It is right next to the foundation, so I had to support it due to the rain that made it tip over.  My bamboo poles all went to Maine so a Shepard's hook for the feeders was used.  Next year I will plant some Russian mammoth sunflower seeds out front (away from the foundation).  I am enjoying watching this from my chair.


Now for the second squirrel.  A friend told me about how she and three others were to start a stitch on the 4th of July.  It is the Plum Street Samplers: America 250.  I joined in and I am glad that I did.


I am a center starter and began with The Stamp Act of 1765.  That is the red rectangle in the center.  This stamp was found on articles that were being taxed in the Colonies by England's Parliament.  As said on the pattern's description, this led to the political slogan "No taxation without representation" as the Colonies had no say in what they were being taxed on.  (No politics here.  Just history.)

This is being stitched on 32 count linen and some of the stitches were 1 over 1.  I am so glad that I started with the stamp as it may be the fussiest part of this whole project.


Here the center from top to bottom is stitched.  Now the stitching will be going to the right and then back to go left.  This is being shown to you vertical, but it is being held and stitched in a horizontal position.  My camera ran out of battery so the stand that I use cannot be shown.  


This has been stitched while watching the World Cup which ends today.  Yesterday's game between England and France was the best that I have seen in a long time.

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Enjoy your threads today.




 

3 comments:

  1. Kitty TV!! I love it! Haha. Gosh! Those are some very small stitches. You have great vision. I've never seen someone stitch sideways before. It must be one of your super powers. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have great vision, just great magnification. I place the pattern and material horizontally and stitch away. Following the pattern horizontally. When I get my camera battery charged, I will take a picture of my set-up and share.

      Delete
  2. Your sampler is so cute. Kitty TV! Love it.

    ReplyDelete