Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The Cave

This summer in August we had our floors redone.  26 years of kid activity, cats and living on a dirt road made them more than ready to be redone.  We had to empty the first floor and that included the Mom Cave.  I went through everything (in every room) to see what was going to be kept.  Here is a picture of the Cave totally disorganized.  The loom is already apart and there are boxes from other rooms on the first floor in there.


Here are the floors of the Cave after they had been redone and the walls were painted for the first time in 26 years.  It is, for me, like WOW.


The Cave might not look organized in this picture, but believe me, it is.  Everything has a home, is labeled, and there is a lot less stuff in there.  The loom is still in parts on the blanket.  I will wait for Sweet Thing #3 to come home in November to put it together.  It will be hers in the far distant future and she needs to put it together at least once.  (Maybe she will remember how in 20 or more years from now.)  There is also my little loom on the blanket. 
 
 

All three of my machines are together for a group photo.  Two live in this corner, Big Red and the Grand Dame.  Elle came over to sit on my cutting table as she is working with her embroidery unit to make Angels and Snowflakes for Christmas. I work on sewing quilt parts as she does the embroidery.  My pictures need to get back up on the walls.


I have begun my third block of A Bountiful Life.  This block is named Fruit Bounty.  These are grape leaves and I will be doing the grapes next.  Then comes pears, apples, strawberries and cherries.


My tatting is missing at this time.  There is just not anything that has caught my eye or fingers to make.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Good feeling to have a new floor and everything in its place and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to have missed a few of your recent posts...welcome back. Your Mom cave is certainly spiffy now!

    ReplyDelete