Pages

Monday, September 2, 2019

Three Strikes


Life has been.....  I keep thinking of my Blog but never get here.  I will try again.  I don't want this to be my three strikes.  

This bird is my three strikes!!!!

In 2017 Kathy, Betty and I began to make the blocks for the A Bountiful Life quiltI finished my first block March 2017.  I have now finished my second block.  They are so far ahead of me.


A Bountiful Life is an adaptation of the Bird of Paradise quilt found in the American Folk Art Museum.  This bird, the Grapevine and Swooping Bird block, is suppose to have a cap.  I tried three times to make that cap and each time it was a mess, no go.  I had it.  I finished my 31 grapes and all that was left was that darn cap.  I had already trimmed the head of the bird to layer the cap over the bird material.  I had to have that cap or he would have had a flat head.  I removed the bird body and did a redo without the cap.  Solved


I think that the block may be finished.  My applique stitches have improved and are not as visible.  I also found my silk thread, it is so fine that it disappears into the fabric. 


But, now that I have looked at this block through the camera, I see a small spot in his neck that I may have to redo.  Not sure if that is a fray of the material or a bit of thread sticking out.  Need to find the stronger glasses.


Hello to all and have a nice day.  Cloudy and rainy here in the Berkshires.  A good day to work with threads.

1 comment: