Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Do You Ever....



go crazy looking for the lost needle?  I do!

Last night I was working on Three Things and needed to get something.  I put my magnet board on the floor with my embroidery, in it's frame, on top of it.  I did not put my needle on the magnetic pin keep as I should have.  I just set it into the material.


Here is my magnetic board.  I am using my large one and have the pattern folded in half over it.  That way I can see half the pattern at a time when I flip the board over.  As you can see, I have several magnets holding down the pattern.  Several on this side and several on the back side.  Pin keeps are used to help hold the pattern. 

When I came back from whatever I was doing, my needle was GONE.  No one, not a single cat, had been near the board or embroidery.  What did I do with it?!  I looked all over the floor with a flashlight and could not find it.  After ten minutes, I finally picked up another needle and kept going.  

What was my first thought this morning? Where did that needle go?!

I looked all over the floor again.  (I was getting ready to vacuum it.  I really didn't want to loose that needle.  You would have thought it was worth its weight in gold.) 

Then I picked up my board and shook it.  Nothing fell off.  Then I checked out the magnets again.  Do you see what I saw?


That is a powerful little magnet!  It took the needle right off the thread and flipped it under the pin keep.  I am a happy needle worker now.  And, the vacuuming is done.


Here is the left side of where I am working on Three Things.  That is the new needle on the pin keep.  It will be put away for another project.


Here is the right side done.  The bird is a dark grey.  At first I thought she was a dragon breathing fire but, she is a Mom feeding a worm to her babies.



Today is a good day to keep working on Three Things.  The day started at -6F and we are now up to 2F.  I am glad that the sun is shinning.  It has been grey and cloudy for a good part of this last week.  Can't wait for the snow to come in tomorrow and Monday.  It gets warmer when it snows.  

Enjoy your day and threads.  I will be linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.










 

9 comments:

  1. Yup, I know that feeling of looking for needles! Glad you found it, a good needle is precious. Interesting image of the bird feeding babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost/dropped needles drive me nuts. The pin cushion needle minder is cute and strong! Lovely colors in your cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pin keeps! So cute and they did their job too! I lost a needle in the car once …so annoying as I did not have a spare with me . Now, I always have an extra one or two with me for “emergencies”. Your cross stitch picture is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching. I found a needle yesterday in the armrest on my seat where I usually put it when I am switching to another applique piece or am about ready to re-thread it. I had already put my work away and still had the needle out. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really good pin keep. I need a few more of them. I love the piece you are working on. The floss colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a very good day indeed, when one has found one's needle and the vacuuming is done. =) I am forever losing needles which is not a good thing when there is a rug on the floor. Perhaps I need a pin keep such as yours. It is an excellent day when one can work on a beautiful embroidery such as you Three Things. Your stitching is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for visiting. Working with my pin keeps has saved me many a needle. This was the first time that one "stole" my needle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who would have known! So pleased you found your needle under the magnet, muchbetter than stepping or sitting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The embroidery is stunning on your piece, so glad you found your missing needle.

    ReplyDelete