Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2022

The Final Section

Good morning.  The sun is out, the wind is quiet and it is a balmy -2F.  We were on the Western edge of the Nor'easter and only received about 4 inches of snow.  But the wind was moving it all around so we have bare spots on the ground.  May those who live in Eastern Massachusetts and along the cost remain safe. 

We went out in the morning and then spent the rest of the day in front of the fireplace where it was warm.  The house was warm (68) but a fireplace, there is something about a fireplace. 

Here is the finish of the third section of Three Things.  I see things that I need to go back and do but will do on the way back down.  I need to put words and date in the bottom yet.


Here is the beginning of my last section.  There is more that was done last night.  What you see are three flower pots and then more alphabet.


I am getting real excited as this will be finished soon, in February.  This is the fastest that I have ever done any count work piece.

The sewing machine has had a bit of a work out but has really been on vacation this month.  The fireplace is just so tempting this winter.  

May your day be safe and warm.  Linking up to Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy's Quilts

 

6 comments:

  1. So lovely, I can understand why you want to get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about a fireplace, isn't there??!! Three Things is gorgeous. How exciting you are nearly finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your visit. We had friends over yesterday to watch the playoff games, football. Friends and fireplace are wonder together also. But no hand work was done, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know how you get the fabric so taut in your scroll frame. I love this piece. The floss colors are just magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is not as tight as it may look. It is sitting on the floor. There is give as I am working with it. It would be tighter if I was using one of my spring hoops but I am finding that I just need it firm and straight. This is the first time that I have used the scroll frame and I like that I just loosen it and put it away in it's pillow case (to keep it clean). No wrinkles when I get back to it.

    ReplyDelete