Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2022

I am.....

Yes, I am.  

Jo from Jo's Country Junction Blog is having a Stitch-Along with this Waxing Moon Designs pattern.  I began on March 1 and finished it on March 13.  About 22 hours of stitching time.  The Stitch-Along was to make two pumpkins a month.  I couldn't stop as I was enjoying it so much.  The finishing will be done when I see what she and her Stitch-Along partner do.  It will be made into a small pillow or pincushion.


The center block for Heartfelt is slowly moving along.  What I have left to do is the flower in the middle.  Then onward to the remaining blocks.

I was at a loss last week as to what to make.  None of my WIPs interested me at that moment.  

I do need a new hot pad for my tea pot.  I looked around my cave and saw all these bits and bobs that I needed to get rid of.  I just haven't been able to toss them out.  Articles on crumb piecing have been showing up on the internet and so I began.


This was fun mindless piecing.  I think that I have the process down.  At first, I was fussy on making sure the shape, corners stay square.  Then I said, "Why?!".  Just sew it together and then cut the shape you need and sew the left-over sewn bits together to make an even bigger bit.  Eureka!!  Something from nothing bits.

May your week coming up be wonderful and calm.  I will link up to Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy's Quilts.

 

8 comments:

  1. I’ve done a bit of that sort of piecing and I love it. Mindless and fast to do. My only problem now is what to make the squares into once I’ve done them!!! Cushions are a good idea but I’m now thinking of making shopping bags. I need to downsize my stash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pumpkins. I saw Jane’s piecing, very clever. Good way to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crumb piecing is lots of fun! Lovely appliqué block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cross stitch project, your applique looks perfect and I do love crumbs, isn't it great do make a pretty and happy piece with those small bits ? Happy slow stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects you are working on! I have bags and bags of leftovers I need to do something with. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cross stitch piece. That quilt block is very pretty. I am looking forward to seeing the center flower. Enjoy your crumb piecing. What a great way to use those little scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great solution when the WIPs don't appeal - use up the scraps! Great job!
    Such a lovely pumpkin project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Blessed cross stitch is gorgeous and love the use of your crumbs.Have a very lovely day and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete