Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2022

September

The weather has cooled down in the Berkshires.  We woke up with a temperature of 45F.  It was wonderful.  The windows were open upstairs, and it was wonderfully chilly when we got out of bed.  

The sad thing with the cooler weather is that my hummingbirds are leaving the area.  There are not as many at my feeders now.  I have two feeders, place 8 oz. of sugar water in each and it is gone in 24 hours.  Not so in the last three days.  I wish them all well on their travels.  See you next April.

3030 has had another roll.  Here is the pattern moving up the right side.


I am stitching a starburst from the center of the basket.  As I go around, I am stitching to outline the basket and flowers.  I will then stitch basket lines and flower petals.  


No countwork is set up.  Back to the applique of the strawberry caps on Block 9 of my Bountiful Life Quilt.  (The block is listed as number nine, the fourth block that I will have finished.)  Those caps are fussy stitching.


May you enjoy your threads this day.

Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

 

10 comments:

  1. I am sure you will miss the hummingbirds. I do love them and the other birds also. Your quilt is beautiful and your hand quilting is making it justice, well done. Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will return in April of next year. I will soon have no bird feeders going as the seed ones won't come out until after December 15. I want the bears to be in bed when they come out. We haven't had bear but our neighbors have.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your stitching. Your quilting and applique are very pretty. We don't get hummingbirds around my area, but I enjoyed watching them on our California trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our hummingbirds will be leaving soon too. Lovely stitching. https://www.craftygardener.ca/lavender-sachet/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I leave my feeders out for two weeks after the last hummer seen. Let yours know that they can stop on their way south.

      Delete
  4. Do you use backstitch for the quilting? So neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the quilting running stitch, rocking motion and stabbing. Which stitch I use depends on how much material I need to go through.

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful! It has been ages since I hand-quilted; you make me want to find a project to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilting! We are in the 100s for the rest of the week. I would love to have the cooler weather and maybe some rain. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hand quilting is coming along and looks wonderful. Glad to see there are still some hand quilters out there! I should get one on the frame before too long!!

    ReplyDelete