Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Slowdown happened

There has not been much stitching on my 3030 Quilt.  Friends have here for a wonderful visit.  (That is my slowdown.)

Instead, Block #9: Lucky Strawberries from my A Bountiful Life Quilt has been completed.  Now I need to pick my next block, get it traced out, material picked and then begin.


Slow stitching was needed for sitting in my chair time, so I set up this table topper from Shabby Fabrics.  It is stitched with the backstitch and has taken not very long to do.  This is the first time that I have backed any stitching with a fusible interfacing, as recommended in the pattern directions.  It is easy to do the backstitch through.  I shall see how it is when I add the scallops and the material backing.  I can see that this may be a good idea for a table topper.  Will see what I think when it is done and if I hand wash or toss into the washer.


I need to get something set up for this afternoon.  I don't have much chair work ready.  

Enjoy your day and your threads.

Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

 

5 comments:

  1. Love the strawberry block. Good idea to work in blocks, one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the applique! I always back my embroidery blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely strawberries, they look good enough go eat! And I like your new project too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your strawberry block is very pretty. I really like the saying that you are stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The strawberries are beautiful! Well done on that block! Enjoy the embroidery stitching!

    ReplyDelete