Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2022

Two of Five

It is 0545 on Sunday as I write this.  The cats woke me up at 0430 for breakfast but I closed the door on them.  They sat on the other side of the door and cried until I got out of bed an hour later.  They were just fed.  It is dark outside.  The wind is blowing.  Now that they have been fed, they have left me.

Here are the first two of five Silent Night Scalloped Table Toppers from Shabby Fabrics.  (I am not advertising, just giving credit where it is due.)  Her Thanksgiving topper and this one I really liked.  I sent for the pattern and kits.  Two can be made from the kit.  One has already been given away to my best lunch bud.  The other is mine.

The backing is from fat quarters that I had received on our local Shop-Hop over the years.  This is a good way to use up what I don't know what to do with.


There are three more to make.  Their material is from my stash and a trip to the quilt store.  Two have their embroidery stitching done, one needs to have the words drawn out on the material.  It will take me about eight hours to stitch the last one.  

The scallops are all cut for the three and will be sewn today.  Then I will put them together and you should see them next week.   

3030 Quilt has had another turn this week and is almost ready to turn again.  But I have been remiss in taking pictures.  It has been a dark and rainy week.  I need to be better at taking pictures.

Enjoy your slow stitching this day.  May your weather be nicer than ours is at the moment.  Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts
 

12 comments:

  1. The table toppers are lovely, quite a lot of work involved, they will make fabulous gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty. Your stitching on the back is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table toppers are very pretty, they'll be nice to use this season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ll have a wonderful set, unless you give them all away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only one will be mine. I am enjoying making them and then giving them away.

      Delete
  5. Those table mats are SO pretty and your stitching is lovely. What a great finish. Love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful indeed, and I imagine those individual scallops take a while to stitch? What size are these please? As big as a place mat size or perhaps they are much bigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the scallops don't take long at all, maybe about 1 hour for the 24 of them per mat. Take a look at Shabby Fabrics Blog/site and she has a video on how she makes the mats. I did buy the templates and it makes cutting and sewing easier for me. I have made two Thanksgiving, and four Christmas with one more to make for our youngest. They are maybe 14 inches across.

      Delete
  7. I love that you stitched all those words. You work is very pretty. I like the fabrics you used for the backings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely table toppers. https://www.craftygardener.ca/decorating-and-stitching/

    ReplyDelete