Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Smalls

Tuna Quilters met for lunch last Wednesday and we had our show and tell.  We had all met our goal.  (Me.  Kinda.  Darn squirrels.)  

I did find my list and was only halfway done.  Maybe I was too ambitious, Nah, never.  

My 2023 and Tuna Quilter projects are: 
  • Civil War Bride/Bountiful Life Quilt.  I did meet that goal with block #6 half done.  Will finish the applique this month.  
  • Heartfelt Quilt.  I did nothing.  Need to have two blocks finished for March gathering.  
  • 365 Quilt:  blocks that have been done were either added to the quilt or sashed.  This week all currently sashed blocks will be added to the quilt, and I will get back to making more.  204 blocks will have been joined!
  • Ella Maria Deacon Quilt: Hasn't been touched since 2021!!!!  What was I thinking.  What is left are applique blocks for the most part.  I have a list.  (Laugh soundtrack here that lasts 5 minutes)
Squirrels, or should I call them smalls.  These pin keeps are shades of grey (photo faded and too lazy to fix).  These were to be given to Kathy and Betty in December, but we didn't meet due to weather.  January they were not stuffed.  So, they had to be ready for last week.  I stuffed them two nights before we met.  Talk about procrastination.


I did make a promise last week.  Promise to me.  To you, I said I would finish the pin keep.  And I did.  

I am just amazed with myself.  Not about the pin keep but about the photo.  I took it with my phone camera and was able to send it to myself and save it for here.  Talk about slow to technology, that is me.   


You all have a nice day with your threads.  I will be working at the machine to meet today's goal.  Then, time with 3030 hand quilting.  But I am chasing another squirrel.  You will meet that after it is caught.  Make that maybe two squirrels. Tuna Quilters are talking about a red and white quilt.  Blocks made up of half square triangles only, hmmmmmmm.

 

5 comments:

  1. I adore the Spring's Messenger stitchery! I tried to find the pattern on line but it is out of stock... insert sad face emoji! Robins are always the first sign that we have indeed survived another winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked mine up as a kit in January from The Stitchery Nook in Osage, IA. It is a stitch-a-long from Jo's Country Junction blog, Jo Kramer. I think that you may be able to get the pattern from them.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I have touched my Ella May Deacon since 2021 when my husband passed. I only have about 5-6 blocks left. I need to get it back out and start assembling it! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 39 of 85 done. Need to move my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring's Messenger is very pretty. I think you need to banish those squirrels. I hope you work on your list. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete