Pages

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Errors


I have been working on the yard this week and last.  Not a lot of piecing, quilting or hand work was done except for tatting.  Even then I felt like I was doing more un-tatting then tatting.  

This picture is one of many errors that I did.  I had finished working in the garden for the morning and was sitting on the deck listening to the birds and tatting.  On the right I had twisted the group of three rings.  (I should have changed my jeans before the picture.  Took the pic with my phone.)  I was so frustrated with myself.  It was un-tatted. 


This is from last night.  See that loop at the tip of my shuttle?  I just didn't snug up the thread as it must have been twisted and then it popped loose.  Again, I un-tatted.  It takes longer to un-tat than to tat.  I worked on this for one and a half hours.  I could have just cut the thread, fussed to rejoin and move on.  But I do like the challenge.  Really??  Only when it is a quick un-tat.  This one drove me nuts.


It also drove Ziva nuts.  She wanted my chair as it was past her bedtime.  She did take a couple of swipes at the shuttle which she usually ignores.


Error was fixed, tatting was put aside, and I went to bed.  So did Ziva.  The minute I put the blanket on my chair she moved in.  


I will be outside in an hour.  Have another weeding job scheduled to do this morning.  We had rain yesterday, so no weeding or clean-up was done.

Until then I will try to finish off this row of tatting.  I have two motifs to finish.  I hope for no un-tatting on this last bit.  This row has been a trial.  Not hard to remember the pattern.  That is probably why the errors.  My mind wanders.

Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Enjoy your threads.

 

6 comments:

  1. I really hate when I have to undo stitching, but I prefer it to be correct. I recently had to un-knit almost an entire sleeve. I was not happy so I understand your frustration. Your tatting is very pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for understanding the need to make something as close to correct as you can. I do drive myself nuts at times.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. It is usually calming also. But not this round.

      Delete
  3. I admire your tatting, I'm sorry there were problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot imagine undoing a mistake in tatting. Glad you were able to fix the problem. I must say your tatting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete