Pages

Monday, November 11, 2019

Quilted Diamonds


Hello.  I am running a little behind.  I want to do at least one post a week and life became busy or I became lazy.  Not truly sure which.  I have been caught by a shiny object though ๐Ÿ˜‰.

There is a woman in Canada who does amazing piecing and quilting, Linda Franz.  She has written two books; Quilted Diamonds and Quilted Diamonds 2.  She made the pattern for 281 4 X 7 inch Diamond blocks.  I find them fascinating.  Like many other quilters, I have decided to begin her blocks.  Using fabric bits that I have will make this my first scrappy quilt. Here are my first four blocks,(277 to go).  (I have no affiliation with her or her books.  I find her work amazing.)



The blocks are made by printing the pattern on freezer paper, cutting out the pieces, ironing the pattern to the material (freezer paper sticks to the material) and then marking the piece on material.  Where I have marked is my stitching line.  They are then hand sewn together with a running stitch, slow stitching.  


I am still working on my Flower Garden and will show you a picture this week.  Also have been looking at tatting patterns to see if something catches my eye, another shiny object.

Have a nice day with your threads.

2 comments:

  1. Such beauties!!! You do have your work cut out for the next several months .... keep sharing ๐ŸŒŸ♦๐ŸŒŸ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. ๋ฆฌ๋‹ˆ์ง€ m ๋‹ค์ด์•„ ํŒ๋งค

    ReplyDelete