Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Late

By one year.

This bookmark, maybe longer.  

I don't know why it takes me so long to begin the final step, finishing.  I would like to believe that I am not the only one with this problem.

Our youngest (our three girls are all adults but still have designations) is the only one who enjoys threads and material like me.  She made this bookmark while in High school or College.  It was then given to me to finish.  I found it the other day and it took an hour to make.  Why do I....




This Christmas Tree wall hanging she made last year (after she had the material for a bit).  It also was given to me to finish.  This week I sandwiched it, free motion quilted it (using rulers), trimmed it, put on the binding by machine, finished the binding by hand and lastly put on a hanging sleeve.  About six to eight hours work.  It is now ready to be brought to the Post Office tomorrow.  

Why so long to start and get it done?  My forever question.


 

I have been working on Three Things in the evening.  This is the bottom row of flowers.  The last row of green thread is the border that will have a little red(ish) flower with it.  I began it to see what space it would take up;.  

The space between the house row and the flowers will have words.  What the designer has done is her name and a saying.  My full name is to long so I may just put in my first name as I do like her saying.  Right now I am waiting until the end to do those words.


Linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday.  

Three Things will be my focus today.  The New England Patriots have their Bye Week.  No need for (almost) complete attention to the games. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are an angel to finish things for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your daughter is clearly a reluctant finisher too! I hope you’ll finish off the cross stitch picture, it’s too beautiful to be left languishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too tend to procrastinate about finishing things. But you did a great job of completing these items for your daughter, better late than never, I always say.

    ReplyDelete