Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Done & Done


Thursday was a good day.  It was warm, the snow was melting and the basement didn't get wet.

Also, Doris the Dragon was finished.  She is from the 2022 TIAS by Jane Eborall. She is now on my design wall with two other dragons that watch over my quilt blocks as they are being made.  I will have to make another and then there will be four.  They will only have to watch one side each.  (She is so cute!!)


My second finish that evening was Three Things by Moira Blackburn.  This was begun on October 17, 2021 and finished February 17,2022.  She will get a spa treatment and then be out to get framed.  I am so pleased with her.

The Three Things are Time, Opportunity and the Unspoken Word.  I will place the answer on the back after it is framed.

I am so pleased that I did this one.  The colors are so beautiful and not ones that I would normally use.  It was good to be taken out of my comfort zone.

Last night as I sat in my chair, I was wondering what my hands would do.   Applique on Heartfelt, here I come.  The center block will get done.

I will be linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching by Kathy's Quilts.  May you enjoy your weekend.  
 

8 comments:

  1. Doris is fun and Three Things is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. This was such a beautiful pattern to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular cross stitch panel, with beautiful relaxed colours 💞

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cross stitch is beautiful. I am amazed at how quickly you stitched it up. I like your tatted dragon also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finishes, both of them. I am also amazed at how quickly you finished that cross stitch! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that dragon is exquisite! And the cross stitch is a fabulous finish! Wonderful hand work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done a wonderful job on your stitching. I don't do cross stitch but can certainly appreciate all the time and countless stitches which went into making this beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, Doris the Dragon looks fabulous on the wall. Three Things is gorgeous and how lovely those colours are. Two exquisite finishes!

    ReplyDelete