Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2022

TIAS

Jane Eborall from the United Kingdom ever year does a TIAS, Tat It And See.  This is a pattern that comes out over several days and you follow her directions to find out what you are making.  You can take a look at what is being done on her Tat It And See Blog.  

I have done several of her TIAS.  This was all prepped and ready to go.  I am behind.  This is up to part of day 11.  Last night I stopped before I finished this part as what is next is a lock join and lock chain section.  I remember the chain but need to confirm the join.  Really don't want to muck this up.  Day 13 was the last day I saw printed so I will get caught up today.  Day 14 comes out soon.


Here begins the final run.  As you may be able to see on the upper right corner, is a red pink flower.  Those are needed across the top and then I start down the sides, again.  The little leaves need to be put in that I forgot on my way up.  Then the date and I still haven't figured out what words to put in.  My name, I usually put it in small size and just my first name on any embroidery that I have done but I have been told it should be large and all of it.  Wonder if I should put in the answer to what the three things are or leave that for people to figure out. 


Enjoy your day.  Here it is 22F,grey and spits of snow.  Great day for threads and football.  Cheering on the Bengals.

This is my scheduled hand work for today.  Linking up with Slow Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.


 

5 comments:

  1. Love your tatting and stitching. I usually purchase pieces of vintage tatting for my crazy quilting when I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the future people will want to see the name of the embroiderer who did such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always thought people who do tatting are very clever. What you have done thus far looks so intricate. Your embroidery is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tatting is very pretty. I have never tried that. I really like your cross-stitch also. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lock Chain took (me) awhile to do. Once I got the hang of it, they seemed to look better. : )

    ReplyDelete