Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Blah

Last weekend we had our Christmas gathering in Maine.  The one we had to miss due to being sick.  It was nice seeing two of our daughters, a son-in-law, two cats and the dog.  They had snow (we did not when we left home) and another storm was coming Sunday night to Monday.  When we woke up on Monday the roads were clear.  It had snowed during Sunday night and snowed Monday after we left for home.  We were heading South to Massachusetts and then West.  Not a bit of snow on the trip home.  (Shout out to son-in-law, he smoked some wonderful chicken wings while we were up there.)   

I was so surprised that I did not do any knitting in the car or in Maine.  I was, am just blah.  Here is the left hand with the thumb almost done.  I was to continue with a two-color pattern, but I did not like it.  Shall make both thumbs the main color of the mitten.


My 3030 Quilt on the frame has not received any attention.  Not one stitch!!  As I said, blah, no umph. 

The Black Dog Sampler has had some stitches put in.  I would say that I am about 2/3 done.  


On Wednesday I met with my Tuna Quilter Buds (Cousin Kathy and friend Betty).  We try to meet once a month but had not seen each other since early November.  We had talked in the past about all working together on a Red and White Quilt.  We had a discussion on it Wednesday.  We all decided that we needed to finish UFOs, WIPs before we began anything new.  So, we gather again in February.  We each have a list of goals for the month that we want to have done.  I need to get into stitching mode.  (We call ourselves Tuna Quilters as our lunch is usually tuna.)

May your week ahead be full of threads.  I sure hope mine is.  Linking to Kathy's Quilts and Slow Sunday Stitching.

 

9 comments:

  1. We all need to take some guilt free time away from our projects sometime to become refreshed! Glad you have safe travels to and from your daughter's home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to get together with stitching friends again! Your cross stitch sampler is gorgeous! Hopefully you will soon have renewed oomph soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mitten is really splendid. I hope you regain your oomph soon and enjoy finishing wips before collaborating with others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all stitchers/quilters go through times of blahhh. Your mojo will come back again. I think it is just a way of slowing down for a bit. Love that mitten and I think the one colour thumb looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to get to visit your family and so glad that the snow did not impede your travels. Your mitten is looking darling and your sampler is amazing. I hope you have a very lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind words. The blahs will go away, hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, I hope you are feeling a little less blah now. That's a pretty fancy mitten you are knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pattern you are knitting with the mittens is a lovely one. Is that a little deer I see?? So cute. Great you could finally get together with your loved ones. Hope you are feeling not so blah soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry that you are in blah mode. It happens every once in a while. I really like those mittens. The black dog sampler is pretty too. Maybe you just need to finish a WIP and then your mojo will come back in anticipation of something new.

    ReplyDelete