Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2023

The World Laughed

When you make plans, they don't always work out.  

Two weeks ago, I was going to show you another finish.  I was busy making plans for Christmas in Maine and never wrote the Blog entry.  Here is the Queen Bee pincushion from Shepards Bush.

and two scissor fobs

The entire set completed.  I just love this one.

Remember I said I was making plans.  The World laughed.  

On the 22 December, my Most Handsome came down with COVID.  Then me two days later.  We did not make it to Maine.  (I am so glad that we have had our vaccines.  I cannot imagine what it would have been like without them.)  

There was a loss of energy (among other fine stuff you don't need to hear about).  Sitting in the chair in front of the fire was about all we did.  But I cannot just sit.  I needed to think of something easy for me to do.  Knitting works.  I have been doing it forever and it doesn't take much energy.  

Over Thanksgiving our youngest was looking in my yarn stash and found this Woodland Winter Mittens kit from Knit Picks.  I have had this for a long time, and she requested a set of the mittens.  

Right hand and left palm


Left and right hand


I knit them at the same time.  When I am done, I am done.  I don't like going back and starting the second mitten (or sock).

Today is the first day that I have sat at my 3030 Quilt in two weeks (or more).  It felt so good.  The best part was finishing half of the top of the center block.  That was celebration!!! 

 

I just have the right side to do tomorrow, and the center is DONE.  I am so excited.  I wanted to have more done by now but....

Thread meditation is wonderful.  The cats come in and curl up on the lower shelves of the plant stand.  Blankets are there for them to lie on and they can watch Kitty TV (the bird feeders).

2022 will be leaving us in a few hours.  May your 2023 be a healthy and happy year for everyone. 

Linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts

6 comments:

  1. I do hope that both of you have recovered now, shame about the spoiled plans, but once everyone is well you can plan again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. We are healthier, we are blessed, we are allowed back into the public tomorrow. Happy and healthy 2023.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, sorry about the covid, but I’m glad you were vaccinated and are recovering and getting back into crafting. Such beautiful work! Love the queen bee set and the gloves too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that your plans to travel to Maine were sidelined. Covid has ruined my daughter's last two holidays (friends and other family were sick and had to cancel), but thankfully it stayed away for Christmas. I hope you feel better and don't have any lasting effects. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is looking so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you both are feeling better. All of your stitching is so beautiful and I am so intrigued by your mittens . I am not a knitter and I am always fascinated by the projects and designs. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete