Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Like Chocolate

Jo from Jo's Country Junction Blog is doing a Stitch-A-Long.  The Black Dog Sampler from The Scarlett House.  Her time frame is to stitch it over the year.  No hurry.  

I began mine on 2 January and finished it on 26 January.  Stitched over 20 days with average of 3 hours stitching each day.  Some days were less and some more.  

It was just like eating chocolate (so hard to control).  When I started stitching, I had a hard time stopping. 

Here I show you how close I was to finishing the outer border.  Look very closely at the left edge, four repeats in.  The bottom row had to be taken out and restitched.  I made more errors when I stitched with the red thread.  Wonder why.  I only removed green stitches once.  Red stitches several times.  


Here is the bottom finished.  I have not taken it off the frame yet.  Wondering if I will put in the name Oakley (the black dog that our youngest has).  This is his sampler.  The color difference in the material is the above picture was taken in day light.  The bottom picture was taken under the lamp as I hadn't taken a picture earlier.


The mittens are finished.  You can see that putting them side by side makes a complete winter scene.  That is a deer on the left, mountains and the northern lights across both mittens.


Palm side.  You can see that the colors were changed as I knit up the mitten.

 

3030 Quilt and I have a hot date Sunday to start stitching again.  No pictures to show as no stitches were again not done this week. 

Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Enjoy your day. 



 

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, love your mittens and the sampler! I can see you don’t eat your chocolate square by square over a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mittens, and the sampler is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cross stitched sampler and cozy mittens. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe your finished that sampler so quickly. I love the mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never gotten into counted cross stitching but I think it's lovely. The mittens are so pretty beautiful! They look nice and warm, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete