Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2024

Completion

There was a problem back around June 24th.  Little Block #243 was made wrong.  The purple on the outside row was stitched in the wrong place.  There wasn't any more of the purple to remake the outside row.  I tried to take it apart, but the pieces are too small.  It did not work, and I was frustrated.  Little #243 sat until this morning.  There is an agreement with myself that I had to finish a Little if anything else was going to get started.  

Here is where I messed up the last rows, top and bottom.


Here is the new Little #243 finished.  The material was picked out this morning and made.  Two 9 patch blocks were also stitched as leader/enders while making this.  

A pincushion was also finished.  The project bag for this had been stitched long ago.  The scissor fobs were complete and in use.  The pincushion was just waiting.  It took 45 minutes.  That included the filling and stitching it closed.  


The 4th of July Trio runners by Laundry Basket Quilts are complete.  The hand stitching of the binding was done in the evenings. 

When I make my bindings, I work with 2-inch strips on the bias.  The pattern directions mentioned 1 3/4-inch strips, not on the bias.  I decided to try to see how it would work (hadn't done it that way in forever).  I prefer the bias and the 2-inch strip.  It is just a bit wider and easier for me to turn over the edge.  Always good to reconfirm why you do something the way that you do.  


My Tea and Cookie mats from Shabby Fabrics for February and June.  February was shown before, but I wanted to show the heart stitching that I will be doing on all of the Tea and Cookie mats that I will make.


Glad to be able to show completions.  Now I can get back to the little Chip blocks, more of the Littles and set up my next slow stitching.    

Enjoy your threads today.

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

6 comments:

  1. I've always loved the American flag and all the fabric derivations quilters imagine. Those Tea and Cookies mugs are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of finishes this post. I like the little pincushion. It can be frustrating when you have to redo a block. Those table runners are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the finishes! Especially the one where there was a mistake. We were saying at my knit n natter session on Friday that it’s easy to be paralyzed by a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely finishes, that's always a good feeling, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete