Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2024

Major Problem

This week (and the week before) has been a hot and humid week.  Not as hot as other areas, but we are in the Berkshire Hills of Massachusetts and don't get this weather, usually.  Have been out in the gardens first thing in the morning, 0700.  I have let them go as long as I could, and the weeds are not nice.  The only good thing is that the rain has gone around us, and the ground is so dry the weeds come up easily.  The really bad thing is that the rain has gone around us, and I am having to water the gardens.  I'd rather have the rain.  Weeds come up easily from wet ground also.

Gibbs is one of my most important supervisors.  He is watching very carefully what I am doing.  

Ziva is on the plant stand in front of the window trying to catch a breeze.  She wasn't as interested in me.  The pictures were taken during clean up moment.  

A moment that moved into setting up my list of stuff waiting for completion in the next 12 months.  Last year I joined Mary's Dirty Dozen at County Threads Chicken Scratch.  I wasn't super successful.  She is not doing it this year, but I made my list and will shake out my own numbers.  I have a major problem.  The problem of not completing anything.  (There has to be a name for this disease.)

Making the list was procrastination but it kicked me a bit.  

Great intentions but a short mind span.  I am so glad that I was able to stick to the chips quilt and keep working on my littles.  The heat and the big chips becoming a flimsy has slowed me.  What now.

Squirrels have been around and not to the point of completion.  So.  Here is the June Tea and Cookies Mats from Shabby Fabrics to almost done.  I need to do machine quilting of a heart on the white side and a little stitch in the ditch of the log cabins.  Then they are done.

Another squirrel; 4th of July Trio Table Runners from Laundry Basket Quilts.  They were made over the last week or so.  They are now sandwiched and will be machine quilted over the next few days.  Hopefully sooner.    

I am not sure that any slow stitching will be done today.  I cannot start anything new until I begin the Santa stocking.  There are a few stitching squirrels calling me to start them, but they have to wait.  There are many stitching projects that need that final finish.

Shall keep a record of my list getting smaller here.  More needs to be done than just keeping that LONG list on the wall.  If anyone read this, thanks for listening.  Now to put words into action.   

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  

Please stay cool and enjoy your threads.


 

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting through your list! I was talking to a lady on Friday who has a huge number of unfinished knitting projects. She was asking me for help with another new project that interests her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on getting through your list. I am having trouble motivating myself after returning from vacation. We are in the 100's here still and need to get out first thing in the morning to get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck finishing a few things off your list... before the squirrels go crazy and insist on you starting some new and fun things. Love Gibbs and ziva =) An NCIS fan for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why not slow stitch the heart and quilting on the Tea and Cookies Mats. I think they are wonderful. I really like those patriotic table runners too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the intentions are good but for whatever reason, nothing goes to plan. You are not alone, we all have times like this. But I notice you do have some items to show on your blog, plus a couple of pretty cats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lists (for me) help organize my projects. Enjoy your pieces and know the weather will pass

    ReplyDelete