Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2024

Squirrel, Flimsy

My first potato chip block quilt is a flimsy!  It is 25 blocks, 5 blocks X 5 blocks.  It measures 80-inches X 80-inches.  I was two blocks from the finish and continued to complete the quilt to flimsy stage.  It is being held up by two of my friends.  We gathered for lunch on Wednesday.  This is my first totally scrappy quilt, and I am pleased. 

After getting the first chip flimsy done, I needed to do another project before I came back to my Littles.  (The Littles were put aside to do the final run to get to flimsy stage.)  

I love cloth books.  I love children's books.  Whenever I see more book panels that I find interesting, I have no problem picking them up.  They need to be finished.  They are just waiting to be turned into pages.  Thank goodness we now have a Grandbaby.

The Fuzzy Duckling was completed.  It is four layers, and I was not able to stitch the seam by machine.  It took me a bit to find the proper needle that would go through the batting.  The batting in the center pages was not the concern.  I used Pellon 987F Fusible Fleece for the cover.  It made a very nice, not floppy, but soft cover.  I am pleased with it but needed a thin needle to go through it.  Tatting thread was used for the binding, Lizbeth size 20.

Now it is back to the smaller chip blocks and my Littles.  Maybe I will have another flimsy next week, for sure the week after.

My Slow Stitching was closing the book pages after I turned them proper.  Also, the binding.  Need to get back to more Slow Stitching.  The Santa stocking has not yet been started and July begins next week.

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  May you all enjoy your threads today.

 

6 comments:

  1. What an adorable little book. Your potato chip flimsy is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The artwork for the book is utterly charming! I love your scrappy flimsy! So Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your potato chip quilt is lovely. I love making those blocks. I need to put together a couple of more kits for our 5th Wednesday sew day the end of July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for the completion of the potato chip block flimsy! Wow! Is it every big and looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete