Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Numbers 4, 5, and 6

Good morning

Here in the Berkshires the sun is shining.  We did have a frost last night but it is leaving quickly.  Thankfully the pansies spent the night in the garage.  The birds outside have been talking since 5:30 this morning and Ted (the cat) has gone back to bed.  I am here doing a post so that I will have two for the month. 

I have almost finished with one quilt and the backing material has been ordered.  I will show it when it is completely done and sent on to its owner.  With having a pause in that quilt, I have decided to take apart two identical quilts where I am not pleased with my sewing.  These were among the first quilts that I began when I retired.  The machine stitch is a 2.4 and I now prefer a 1.8.  The 2.4 is to loose for the quilt piecing and I don't want the stitching/quilts to come apart.  I am only unstitching bigger sections of the blocks, not all the way to the beginning.  I will show pictures next time.  

Another quilt has begun in my head and I have asked the person that it will go to what she'd like.  We almost have the decision made.

My pictures for today are tatting.  Number 4, 5, and 6 for the Motif Challenge.  I am 2/3 way around row 13 on Renulek's 2014 Spring Doiley.  I hope to have it finished and blocked soon and then it will be a picture.  Wonder if a doiley is a Motif?

This is my favorite tatted egg!  (It is a soft boiled egg)  This doesn't count for the motifs as I have already shown one in a different thread color.



Here are snowflakes from Jon Yusoff's Tatted Snowflake Collection
 
Carrousel


Milky Way
 


The Twirly

 


 
 
Enjoy your day wherever you are.  May the sun shine on you also.  

2 comments:

  1. Lovely tatting. I especially like the soft-boiled egg. Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great egg and snowflakes!!! :)
    And you can use a doily as a motif for the challenge if you like. Can't wait to see it!! :)

    ReplyDelete