Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

October?!



I cannot believe it.  Where did the summer go?  Here in the Berkshires it was hot, humid, and dry (no rain, not good).  So not like our usual summer weather.  I fell into a thread and fabric inertia.  (I also fell into a "what gardens" inertia.)  Now our weather has come to a wonderful fall pattern (maybe even a bit cooler).  I am back to the threads and fabrics, kicking myself that I did not get much done this summer.  (Really kicking myself that I have so much to clean up in the gardens.  I now need to put them to bed before winter.)
Here is a horse from Tatted Animals by Inga Madsen (#9).  He has been named Sterling, after a horse that my daughter and I had owned.  He was our last horse, a wonderful old grey gelding.
 

Also, my favorite cross to tat.  The Split Ring Cross (#10) by Jane Eborall, pattern from 2004.  I have made many of these for family and others.  Making these was how I learned to do the split ring and I enjoy it.  Someday I will enjoy the split chain. 
 

Just finished breakfast and heading to the gardens before I can touch any material or thread.  52 degrees outside and grey and cloudy, good outside working weather.  I will be back sooner, inertia is leaving.
Have a great day.
 

1 comment: