Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2019

1/6 of the way



Good afternoon.  A very busy week we have had, driven to Boston twice and Bennington, VT once.  I don't have much hand work done and I am later than I wanted to be in posting. 

There has been no applique work done at all.  I have to get my grapes prepared and then sew them onto my Bountiful block. 

I have been working on Grandmother's Flower Garden.  I was able to do some hand work while we were on the MA Pike and while waiting in offices.  It was easier in the office, the Pike is not always that smooth and it would make my hand jump and then I would displace the needle.  Here are the first four rows, two of the flowers and two of the background.  Ten flowers per row and 12 rows of flowers.   I am 1/6 of the way done with putting the rows together.


Here they are folded in half as each row has a repeat after five flowers.


Closer in all their wrinkled glory.  


I have not been tatting much this year.  Nothing has caught my eye.  This doiley was done in 2018 and has been on the back of my chair.  I am using it as an Antimacassar (I love that word).  


Our Ted walked over the Rainbow Bridge in January of this year.  In February my husband found Gibbs and Ziva at the Berkshire Humane Society.  They moved in and we are glad that they are here.  Ziva makes good very use of tatted doileys, Antimacassars.  She says that they complement her "Kitty Look".  She will be above my head while I am in the chair piecing the rows of the quilt.  Every once in awhile she will touch me with her paw.  Not sure if it is because I am sewing well or I should fix something ;).

Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. Well your tatting looks spectacular as an antimacassar, especially with a cat on top! Love the way it’s being put to use, not in a glass cabinet. I certainly wouldn’t attempt to sew on the roads round here, I’d be likely to do myself an injury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden is looking much much better than I imagined !!!
    The last pic and it's 'backstory' is just too adorable - can't stop smiling - crowning glory :-D

    ReplyDelete