Pages

Monday, September 14, 2020

Scrappy Runner

I was looking for a quick finish and saw this kit for a runner.  I liked the material, I am using it in another project, so I sent for it.  Making the little blocks was fun.  When I was putting them together, I wasn't sure if I really liked it.  But, it was going to get completed.


After it was a flimsy, I sandwiched it and then machine quilted it.  I first stitched in the ditch around the blocks and then put in the crosshatch pattern.  I still wasn't sure if I liked it.  


I began cutting the dark material that they had for the binding strips. Again I am thinking: what am I doing.  Only after I had sewn on the binding did I like it.  That dark binding was needed. 

 This runner has now gone to Maine to be with one of the kids.  It was quick finish and now I am back to my quilts.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment