Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2021

412 Days



That is how long it has been since I was last here.  

I have been making things but .......

I have been working on three BOMs, Ella Maria Deacon, 365 Littles, and Heartfelt.  I have decided that it is not good for me to work on three at the same time.  I haven't had a finish in a bit.  I am slow at keeping up and have learned that I need to focus on one thing at times to keep the energy going.  

So, I decided to make three little boy quilts.  They are quicker to reach the done point.  The first is for a give away to a 2 year old boy and his family (friends of daughter #2).  This is an I SPY quilt.  I bought the panel, cut up the parts, put it back together with sashing and borders.  The sandwich was made with a flannel backing.  Very simple machine quilting and all done in a week.  Enjoy it Dylan.




The next two were made for my great nephews.  My sister, their Grandmother, found the World map and asked me if I would make it into a quilt for Corbin, age 4.  I said yes (but she had to order me a panel also).  This was a quick put together but the machine quilting was a bit fussier.  I quilted around the animals and then made longitude and latitude lines on the map.  I used a constellation material for the background.  


You cannot make one map quilt for one brother and not the other.  I was able to find this panel, a map of the United States.  This is for Gibson, age 2.  Again I quilted around the animals and then the states.  Even tiny Rhode Island was quilted around.  Then there was a piano border around the map.  This has a planet backing (my sister did not take a picture of the back).

I was so excited to send off the quilts that I forgot to take pictures.  My sister sent the pictures to me after their arrival. 


Other projects have been completed and some new starts.  I will return and get them recorded on this blog.

May your day be sunny and warm.  We have rain, again, and it is a cloudy grey.  
 

2 comments:

  1. Splendid quilts. I love the idea of an I spy quilt. Yes, I prefer not to have too many projects on the go at once, or nothing gets finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. It was so nice to hear from you and to see that someone is still noting my Blog. I have been gone so long that I didn't think anyone remembered me.

      Marthanne

      Delete