Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2023

November, gone!

November has come and gone.  I am so glad.  I did nothing as I had a head and chest cold that had me totally unproductive.  I had all I could do to catch up with my nose, it was running so fast.  Don't feel bad for me, as a retired Nurse Practitioner, life happens.  I have felt better this last 2 weeks but have just started to get into my threads again.  Energy coming back. 

Gibbs and Ziva are enjoying their heated bed.  They would keep me company whenever I was laying down. 


I would like you to meet Margie, the cactus.  She is the Thanksgiving cactus on the right.  She belonged to the sister of my friend Cal.  After Margie, the sister, passed, she was given to me.  She is a wonderful bloomer.  That is Margie Jr. on the left.  A branch fell off and another was started.  I need to give Margie a trim, cut her back a bit.  I am told that Margie could never get her to bloom like this.  I stick her outside all summer until the cool weather begins.  (All my cacti are out for the summer with monitored neglect.)  She is a wonderful bloomer.  I have five large cactus, four different colors and six babies of different growth size and add two other colors.


This is what I have done in November, and it was done after Thanksgiving.  From Shepard's Bush, their Thankful Bag.  I need to sew on the buttons and stitch the pincushion and scissor fob.


Our first Grandbaby was born early December.  Here is her first Christmas stocking.  Today I will stitch on the lace and then put it together.  We will meet her for the first time for Christmas.  We have video spoken with her and her parents.  If I may say, she is beautiful.


I thank all of you for having your blogs.  It was so nice to visit when I had so little energy.   

May you all enjoy your threads today.

Linking to Kathy's Quilts and Slow Sunday Stitching.

 

9 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Now that cat bed does look snug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to be feeling better for you!! :))) That cactus is amazing--I just got a lovely peach colored one just studded with buds--and the 1st one just bloomed--it looks like a baby orchid--so far I have two cacti--the other is a raspberry color--what fun...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better and congrats on the grandbaby! Love the names of your beautiful cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new granddaughter! Being a grandma is the best. I love that Christmas stocking. I am busy stitching one for my grandson's 1st Christmas, but I am not sure it will be finished. The Thankful bag is very pretty. I have two Christmas cacti that used to bloom beautifully. I have repotted, fed and put outside in summer and can no longer get either of them to bloom. Sigh...... Your cactus is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I place the cacti outside on the North side of the deck where they are protected from the sun and wind. I will leave them out until we get the first frost, not a killing frost. You can see frost out on the lawn but not near the house. Only then do I bring them in. They have started to set buds and off they go. We are in the western part of Massachusetts with State Forest hills behind me. I do neglect them, for the most part, all summer.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your new granddaughter! Good that you’re feeling better. Wow, Margie is gorgeous, you clearly have the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, congrats on the new grandbaby! Always special to welcome a new child into the family and her ornament is darling.

    I tried putting my cacti outside this summer and something ATE them. I lost half the branches, including some very large ones. And to add insult to injury, just a few feet away was a pile of the removed bits and gnawed pieces. I was able to root a couple of those, but I have no idea what colors those will end up being.

    I have two, one is fuchsia and one is 'bridal blush' - palest pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I have lost branches and I place them in a small glass with stones and water to just the top of the stones. Then put in the broken bits and they root. After roots appear, to the dirt. That happens inside on my kitchen windowsill. I have never had anyone eat them. Can't imagine who that would be, maybe those foolish squirrels? I have cacti that I don't know what color they are. I am now labeling them when they bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course your first grandchild is beautiful! Such a lovely Christmas stocking for her very first Christmas.

    ReplyDelete