Pages

Sunday, December 17, 2023

A bit slow

Slowly I have been getting back to threads.  But it has only been hand stitching.  I took a look into my cave, and it is a horrid mess.  My time in there has been spent cleaning, going through stuff, sorting and tossing out what is not needed or wanted.  (Tossing out means finding it a new home elsewhere.)  I have found WIPs that I barely remembered.  My list of to-finish projects has just become longer.  I can't buy anything for at least ten years.  (A bit of an exaggeration, but not by much.)

I am stitching my third piece from this pattern.  The first two have been stitched, but neither has moved to the finish stage.  I cannot start another stitch until I get some finishes done.  Will I heed my words?


This may be turned into a birth stitch.  The name of our Grand-daughter and her birthdate to be stitched across the bottom.  Hmmmm.  Then it will have to be finished.

Her first Christmas stocking is complete.  Sewing this together made me nervous.  I really didn't want to mess it up.  That was a crazy sensation as I have been sewing as long as I can remember.  The pattern is 32 years old and from Current stationary.  

May you all have a wonderful day with your threads.  My cave is calling me for a bit and then football and slow stitching.

Linking to Sunday Slow Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

 

3 comments:

  1. I've been doing a clean out too. It's very refreshing to move things on that I no longer am interested in doing. I keep pretty good track of my projects and have never understood how some people can forget what they bought or what they previously worked on. Well, I understand now and humbly apologize. The little stocking is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need to tidy and reassess from time to time. Love the stocking. Good idea to add your granddaughter’s name to the blessings one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you! Loud and clear! Me too! I had to move all my stuff out of the sewing space in ready for new flooring! Yuk and Yikes!!! Cute little Christmas stocking. I love her name!

    ReplyDelete