Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Snowflake Runner

It has been an interesting week.  Monday, we left at noon for Boston as my husband was having a knee replacement at New England Baptist the next morning.  Tuesday we were there at 0530 and his surgery began at 0800.

For the next five hours, I appliqued the ovals on my Piecing the Past Quilts: Snowflake Tablerunner.  There were several of us in the waiting area, but I was the only one doing hand work.  



At noon my husband was in his room, and they had him walking with a walker by 1500 (3pm).  We left the next day at noon for the three-hour drive home.  He is doing very well.  Physical Therapy has been in to evaluate and work with him.  This knee replacement recovery has been, knock on wood, so much easier and faster than the other knee eleven years ago.  51 hours door to door turn around.  

Faster than any hand work project that I have ever done.  Today, after a run to Dunkin for him, I will prep the three center circles and start on the snowflake spokes.  

Husband will be doing his exercises and walking in circles in the house.  It is 15 degrees out at the moment so not sure if he will make it outside.  A warmup is to happen later in the week.

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Enjoy your threads.  I surely do.



 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it always surprises me that no one else in the waiting room is doing handwork. Or anything else. Good for you for getting stitching done. I hope your husband’s recovery continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that your husband's knee replacement went well. It is 20 something degrees here today. I am staying inside. I always bring handwork to do when waiting in a hospital. I like that fabric that you are stitching on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby has had two knee replacements recently, and recovered well. Although he was in hospital for three days. I used to take my knitting up when I visited him. Sending very best wishes for a good recovery.

    ReplyDelete