Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2024

Interruption

My stitching pictures are all looking the same at the moment.  18-inch, 10-inch potato chip blocks, nine-patch blocks and my littles.  Little #236 was the last one finished.  I have sewn almost every day this week.

We did have a wonderful interruption to our schedule.  Youngest, SIL and Grandbaby came for a quick visit.  They came in on Wednesday and left Friday morning.  Youngest had two job sites to visit in one day.  (She is an Environmental Site Monitor.  My words.  She told me her real title, but I have already forgotten it.)  One site was an hour West of us and the other an hour East of us.  She was able to work both sites in one day.  While she was working the rest of us were Grandbaby playing.  It was great.  

While I was baby playing, SIL was hummer playing.  My hummer feeders have been up since the beginning of May.  SIL has never seen them zipping around so close.  Here is one of the pictures that he took.   


This picture is much more interesting than more pictures of the same quilt blocks.  

Today I need to get some weeding done.  Then back to my blocks.  I am still enjoying making them.  Layout plans are dancing in my head.  Maybe one of them will have sashing, hmmm.

My slow stitching for today will be planning.  It is now June.  I need to make a family Christmas stocking for Grandbaby.  Will need to look to see what I have already and what thread colors I may need.  There are three stocking patterns that I have used for the family stocking.  Shall show you them next week.  They are by Janlynn and the first were stitched in 1992.

Enjoy your day with weeds and threads.  Threads are always more exciting.

Linking to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful to have a family visit and show off your hummingbird feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hummingbird photo. We see them when we visit my son in California. I look forward to seeing what stocking you choose to make for your grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting family and pretty hummingbirds, sounds like a great combination. No hummingbirds where I live, sadly, I've only seen them on TV.

    ReplyDelete