Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Ella Maria Deacon

As I have noted before, the Ella Maria Deacon Quilt is from 1842.  It is made of 85 blocks, which finish as a 9 inch block.  Gay Bomer of Sentimental Stitches has written up the pattern for each block.  They are all out now and some people have their blocks all done.  Not me.  I am about 1/4 of the way through, I think.  I am going to have to reevaluate what is done.  I have been keeping a written record but is it up to date? 

The majority of the blocks are applique, which I do enjoy.  I just need to keep a prepped block waiting for me by my chair.  Sometimes I get so lazy with the prepping.

Applique-Block 6


Pieced-Block 12


Pieced with Appliqued Hearts-Block 14


Foundation Paper Pieced-Block 15


Thank goodness that block was done that way.  Making foundation parts and then putting them together is an easy way to go.  If I had to cut up each part to size and then put it together, not sure if I would have made as nice a block.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment