Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Did I Do This Right?

This is the first time that I have ever linked to anything.  I have been visiting Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts for quite awhile.   The handwork everyone is working on is beautiful.  

I decided try and share what I am working on.  

Here is my newest start.  Three Things by Moira Blackburn, This is a kit from Bothy Threads.  It called to me for three reasons.  I enjoy count work, the colors are beautiful (not my usual comfort range) and our youngest is named Moira.



My assistant is Ziva.  She is watching the thread under the Aida to make sure it does not get twisted.  She is also holding up the edge of the frame with her backside.  

This pattern has eight parts.  I have put the parts that go across the Aida together and am working across all the way.  I have begun in the center and am working down.  As of present, (not this photo) I am almost finished with the first lower section.  That should be completed while 'watching' the football games today.  Then I will begin the bottom section.  When that is done, I will begin the border across the bottom and work my way up.

Now.  To see if I can link this up and share.  May your slow stitching day be enjoyable.

 

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. Your kitty looks to be much better at holding up your frame than my pillows are. You did fine with the link-up. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Slow Sunday Stitching!! You did fine with the link up. Lovely cross-stitching project. It will be nice following your progress on this beauty. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did just great with linking up! And what a beautiful stitching project, too. Perfect for some slow Sunday stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching. I am trying to finish up my Ella Maria quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind comments. It did take me two tries to get linked up. I deleted my first link as it didn't look proper. Looks like I got it on the second try. Good thing I did this at 0617 this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, I love the calming colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome aboad, you certainly mastered the link up. This is a lovely group to be part of, there are so many talented people from across the globe who like to share their work here. Like you, I was a lurking reader for a while before I started posting here.
    Your work looks lovely, as does your pretty pussy cat helper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the happy band of Slow Sunday Stitchers. =) Three Things is lovely; such pretty colours. How wonderful to have a little helper; your Ziva is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cross stitching is looking great and what a perfect project to work on for Slow Stitching Sunday. Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at Slow Sunday Stitching! That is a large project to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete