Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2021

Ella Maria Deacon and Siding the House

This weeks Ella Blocks.  They were made earlier this the year.  You are getting to see them in bits. 

Each of my working quilts has a 3 ring binder where the pattern lives until the quilt is finished.  I keep track of the date the block was made, any great issues (like a total redo of the block) and any notes to make the block.  

Of the 85 Blocks for this quilt, 36 are made.  Block 40 is prepped for visiting on Thanksgiving Day.  (I just cannot watch football without something keeping my hands busy). 

Foundation Paper Pieced-Block 9


Foundation Paper Pieced-Block 18


Pieced and Applique-Block 20


Pieced-Block 21


I have finished 1/4 of Three Things.  When you look to the right, you can see the lower edge of flowers.  That is the bottom of the pattern section that I was working on.  


I am now rolling embroidery under the frame and moving toward the bottom.  The house was worked on for several hours yesterday and the siding is still not finished.  The siding, windows and doors will get done with football today and then I can begin to put in the lawn.  Big, chunky areas take so much time.  They are pretty when done, but I do like to work a more open area.


Linking up with Slow Stitching this morning.  Enjoy your day


 

11 comments:

  1. Nice blocks. love your cross stitching, beautiful spring colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently started using a 3-ring binder for quilt making mainly for keeping the patterns in one place. Good idea about adding dates of when started, etc. The cross stitch project is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Ella Maria Deacon blocks are beautiful! It reminds me I have a stack of the beginning ones waiting to be finished off. Love your kitty helper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your foundation pieced blocks are stunning!! I love the colors in your cross stitch project...really sweet and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Block 19. It is funny, I prefer to work on the big chunky areas, because I think once they are done you see a whole lot of progress and don't have to constantly change floss colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GMTA. I'm keeping my blocks for Patchwork of the Crosses (the actual name for Lucy Boston) in a three ring binder and I often keep my larger needlework patterns in binders to keep everything in order. Your blocks are inspiring and I love the colors on the Moria Blackburn piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making marvellous progress with 3 things... and the quilt blocks are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful EMD blocks, and stitching! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made beautiful blocks. And the cross stitching is comming along nicely. Enjoy your slow stitching today and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just cannot watch football.=) Your Ella blocks are stunning and as for Three Things, everything is so pretty. I am loving the pretty, pastel colours. Beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your blocks! It will be fun to see this quilt come together!

    ReplyDelete