Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2022

13 Hours

I am excited to say that after 13 hours of hand quilting, I rolled the quilt for the first time.  I did the most outer border with piano keys 1 inch apart.  Then I turned the corner at both ends.  Piano keys will be done up the sides and across the top.

A wavey line was stitched across the second border.  This will also continue up the sides and across the top.  

I am enjoying my hand quilting.  It is good thread meditation; I am able to look at the quilt and think of what may be done next.  

The four corner blocks will have the same pattern.  Not sure which, I have two ideas.  The Irish Chain blocks will also be done the same.  My idea will connect them together.  A four-leaf shamrock may be stitched in all the pieced blocks.  Have thoughts on small sashing and applique.  But I also have time to change my mind.

The pincushion is now finished.  This is the one that goes with the bag from last week.  It is so cute, if I may say so myself.  It is about 2.5 X 4.5 inches is size. 


Here are the two scissor fobs that go with the bag and pincushion.  I need to get some acid free heavy paper for the inside support.  A bit of batting and ribbon will also be added.  The ribbon is so it can be attached to the scissors.  They are about one inch in size.


Enjoy your threads and day. 

Linking to Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy's Quilts.

 

6 comments:

  1. I like your quilting. That scottie fabric is adorable. Your pincushion is great. I like the stitching for the scissor fobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting and pincushion! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilting, the cross stitched pincuchion and of course those cute tiny scissor fobs. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hand quilting...almost makes me want to get one on the frame...but I will wait till Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pin cushion... I love it!

    ReplyDelete