Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2022

No, No, NO!!!

I have not been in my Cave much this week.  We have had to much going on.  That means not much stitching was done on the frame (only 5 hours).  It was so hard to go by and not be able to sit and be calm.  Someone, Ziva, took the opportunity to claim the frame as her own!  So that is what they meant when I read that the tension of a frame is to be if a cat was on it.  That part was helpful.  It is harder for her to get up on it now. 

But, when you do have friends over or are awake in the middle of the night, you can get count work done.  

The first two were finished before the week began.  I don't think that I have showed them before.  

First is the Red Bird Sampler by Heart in Hand.  This was a stitch along with Jo's Country Junction.  This will be a pincushion or small pillow.


Next is the second pattern from Blessings Abound by Waxing Moon Designs.  This one I will frame.


This is what was worked on while friends were here. Chessie's Alphabet Needlebook by Chessie and Me.  Those little cats were done with a tent stitch (1/2 cross) over 1 linen thread with one thread.  First time I ever did that stitch and so glad I had reading glasses with high enough magnification.


May you all enjoy your day.  I need to work in the front yard before I can get back to my threads.  Family will be coming mid week so I really need to get a hustle on.  I miss thread meditation time.

Linking to Slow Stitching Sunday with Kathy's Quilts.

 

5 comments:

  1. I love the over one kitties - so delicate! And your kitty in the 'quilt hammock' made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat looks very comfortable! Beautiful stitching. I can knit and talk but I don’t think I could do such fine counted thread work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great quilt frame you are using. I love the red sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your cross-stitch pieces. Your quilt frame looks like quite a comfy cat bed. I hope you can get back to your meditation stitching soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore Chessie & Me needlebook.

    ReplyDelete